Bonuses and promotions are part and parcel of the online casino world. However, some offers come with steep wagering requirements that drastically reduce your chances of making a profit. There are, though, low wagering bonuses, with considerably more player-friendly terms.
This page dives inside the best low wagering casino bonuses in New Zealand. You’ll learn how to calculate wagering requirements and what to look for when searching for your ideal offer. Furthermore, our expert team has selected the top-rated sites in this country with low wagering bonuses ready for you right now. All you need to do is compare, pick and sign up to claim one.
Understanding wagering requirements
The first step to establishing what bonuses are low wagering is to understand how wagering requirements work in general.
Around 95% of all casino bonuses have wagering requirements. It’s a term that you will see a lot throughout your online casino journey. In a nutshell, wagering is the total amount you must bet before the bonus credit is converted to real money; and hence, available for withdrawal.
Matched deposit wagering requirements
The matched deposit is easily the most common casino promotion, and the majority of these offers come with wagering terms. An example of a matched deposit is 100% up to $200 (min. deposit $10. 40x the bonus amount wagering requirement).
Therefore, if you deposit $10, you get $10 in bonus credit. However, if you deposit $200, you get $200 extra. The size of your bonus will determine the total wagering requirement.
- $10 bonus x 40 = $400 total wagering
- $100 bonus x 40 = $4,000 total wagering
- $200 bonus x 40 = $8,000 total wagering
Something to be extra aware of is that some casinos offer a lower multiple value, but the wagering is a sum of the deposit and bonus amount. For instance, 100% up to $200 (min. deposit $10. 25x deposit + bonus amount wagering requirement). At a glance, this looks more attractive, but as you can see below, it definitely is not.
- $10 deposit + $10 bonus x 25 = $500 total wagering
- $100 deposit + $100 bonus x 25 = $5,000 total wagering
- $200 deposit + $200 bonus x 25 = $10,000 total wagering
Free spins wagering requirements
Wagering on free spins bonuses is more straightforward. It will be a multiple (i.e. 35x or 40x) of any winnings from the free spins. As an example, if you receive 50 free spins with a 35x wagering requirement, and you win $8.00 from the free games; the wagering is 35 x $8.00 = $280.
What is a low wagering bonus?
Knowing that the bulk of casino bonuses come with wagering requirements, we can work out what the industry average is for the different types of offers. In terms of matched deposit and free spins bonuses, many sites range between 35x and 45x. However, don’t be alarmed to find 50x or 60x here and there.
Based on this, around 40x is classed as the industry average for New Zealand casinos. Therefore, sites that offer bonuses with lower than average wagering requirements can be termed as low wagering casinos.
Of course, there’s still some variance which you must keep an eye open for. One casino may have an offer with 15x wagering, and a competitor could be 25x.
Casino Select highlights the wagering terms for the welcome bonuses, but with other promotions, you must check out the terms and conditions before playing. This does take a couple of minutes longer, but it’s well worth the time if it means finding a better deal.
Types of low wagering casino bonuses
You can find low wagering offers for both new and existing players. These are some of the most popular bonuses to look out for.
- Welcome offers: Also called sign-up bonuses or new customer offers. Our table is the place to start for the best NZ low wagering welcome offers.
- Free spins: Always popular, but more so if they have low wagering requirements.
- Reload bonuses: These are for existing players. Regular low wagering reload offers will be music to your ears.
- Rebate bonuses: Also known as cashback bonuses because you get a refund on your losses. You can expect very low wagering on these.
Pros and cons of low wagering bonuses
The benefits of picking up casino bonuses with low wagering requirements are clearly obvious. However, when evaluating bonuses, you should adopt a holistic strategy. Some of the possible strings that may come with these offers are:
- Maximum win limit: If you can only win $500 or $1,000, it could take the shine off the bonus.
- Minimum deposit amount: You may find that the minimum deposit is higher than an average bonus. It’s important to play within your means. Don’t spend more than you can afford, regardless of the bonus.
- Payment restrictions: This is rarely an issue in NZ; however, it’s worth highlighting just in case. Check the terms to ensure all payment methods are eligible for the bonus.
- Time limits: The casino may squeeze you for time when it comes to clearing the wagering, so find out.